The Annual Sports Award Banquet was recently held on the Bay Path University Campus with over 180 student-athletes, family and friends attending. The program honors student-athletes for their accomplishments on and off the field or courts.
Student-athletes were honored with team, athletic department, NECC and national recognition awards for athletic, academic and community service accomplishments.
This year a new Academic Award was presented to 7 juniors and seniors who displayed and met several criteria points of academics, athletics and sportsmanship. Membership into the Chi Alpha Sigma (CAS) Honor Society was presented to: Krystal Fredette, Casey LaMotte, Kristen Oliveira, B Rogers, Kyrtsten Thibodeau, Kristen Lynch. Lauren Vallee
The University's highest academic achievement award give to the varsity team with the highest CGPA over the past two semesters. The TEAM Award was presented to the lacrosse team who had an average CGPA of over 3.2. Over 35 student-athletes receievd recognition on Dean's List (3.50 or higher GPA) or Maroon Key.
New England Collegiate Conference recognition was also give in the following areas:
- Soccer- Jai Ruiz
- Volleyball- Lauren Vallee
- Tennis- Katie Leibowitz
- Field Hockey- Brittany Lacombe
- Cross-country- Megan McKenna
- Basketball- Krystal Fredette
- Lacrosse- Raquel Neary
- Softball- Marissa Sarna-McCarthy
- 3rd Team All-NECC- Jai Ruiz & Kyrsten Thibodeau
- 2nd Team All-NECC- Lauren Vallee
- Field Hockey-
- 1st Team All-NECC- Angela Younger & Casey LaMotte
- 2nd Team All-NECC- Dallas Jackson
- 1st Team All-NECC- Kaylee Herring
- 2nd Team All-NECC- Elena Helming & Megan Mackie
- 3rd Team All-NECC- Dallas Jackson
- NECC Softball Player of the Year-Lauren Vallee
- 1st Team All-NECC- Lauren Valle
- 3rd Team All-NECC- Jai Ruiz
- Soccer- Kristen Lynch, Megan Mackie, Kyrsten Thibodeau
- Volleyball- Lexi Cears, Aaliyah Gordon, Ashley Hunton, Lauren Vallee
- Tennis- Katie Liebowitz
- Field Hockey- Anna Austin, Michaela Ceppetelli, Casey LaMotte, Kristen Oliviera, B Rogers
- Cross-country- Krystal Fredette, Megan McKenna
- Soccer- Elena Helming & Alma Rizvani
- Volleyball- Lauren Valle
- Softball- Lilly West & Lauren Vallee
This award is presented annually to the student or students who best personify the spirit of Bay Path College Athletics. The student/s must be actively involved in promoting to the campus and community the role of student-athletes. This may include the following: lead teams, active members of SAAC, attended leadership workshops and conferences and were active in building a strong and stable club. It also may include; promoting or fundraising and being involved in community service projects one by the athletic department.
The SAAC Award is presented annually at the Annual Sports Awards Program in April.
This years winner is: Kyrsten Thibodeau
The Student-athlete of the Year Award was started in 1995 and recognizes a varsity team member who fulfills the highest standards as listed below. The winner will be recognized at the Annual Sports Awards Program in April.
Must have a 3.50 or higher CGPA
This year to be eligible for the award you need to be a junior or senior who has made the Dean's List in 4 of 6 semesters.
The student must have competed and finished at least one varsity season during the eligibility period.
This gives us an opportunity to showcase a student-athlete who has succeeded academically, was involved in community service, while participating on one or more teams. It also incorporates a student-athletes commitment to the college through academics, athletics, community service and fundraising.
This years winner is: Lauren Vallee