WEST HARTFORD, Conn.- Bay Path Wildcats faced the AMCATS of Anna Maria College today in NCAA Division III Regional women's tennis action. The Wildcats won their second straight match shutting down the AMCATS 9-0.
Junior Teanna Montoya (Edgartown, Mass.) notched her first victory on the season at the No.4 spot again following the tie-breaker rules as her teammates with a 4-6, 6-0 (10-4) victory. Montoya and sophomore Abigail Janneke (Waterbury Conn.) also took their No. 2 doubles match to the limit with a 9-8 (8-5) tie-break win. Janneke easily won No.6 singles 6-0, 6-0.
Bay Path is now 2-1. They will be back in action on Sunday, September 9th facing MCLA in a 1:00 match.
Tennis Match Results
Bay Path vs Anna Maria College
Sep 07, 2012 at Paxton, Mass.
(Paxton Sports Centre)
Bay Path 9, Anna Maria College 0
1. Symone Watson (BPWT) def. Victoria Minotti (ANM) 6-2, 6-2
2. Stephanie Morin (BPWT) def. Nicole Goudreau (ANM) 7-6, 1-7, 12-10
3. Brittany Walsh (BPWT) def. Emily Williamson (ANM) 3-6, 6-4, 10-6
4. Teanna Montoya (BPWT) def. Katelyn Edelson (ANM) 4-6, 6-0, 10-4
5. Taylor Wood (BPWT) def. Kelly Blake (ANM) 6-2, 6-0
6. Abigail Janneke (BPWT) def. Krystle Arce (ANM) 6-0, 6-0
1. Stephanie Morin/Symone Watson (BPWT) def. Victoria Minotti/Emily Williamson (ANM) 9-4
2. Teanna Montoya/Abigail Janneke (BPWT) def. Nicole Goudreau/Katelyn Edelson (ANM) 9-8 (8-5)
3. Brittany Walsh/Taylor Wood (BPWT) def. Kelly Blake/Krystle Arce (ANM) 8-0
Bay Path 1-0
Anna Maria College 0-1