LONGMEADOW, Mass.- Bay Path hosted the Hawks of Becker College in a top conference rival match. The Wildcats edged the Hawks 5-4, taking the doubles 2-1. Junior No.4 player Teanna Montoya (Edgartown, Mass.) took the deciding point defeating freshman Cameron Murphy (Weymouth, Mass.) 6-3, 6-3.
Becker's No. 1 tandem of sophomore Nicole Connolly (Scarborough, Maine) and freshman Kathleen Razzaboni (Hooksett, N.H.) defeated Bay Path's pair of junior Symone Watson (Hamden, Conn.) and sophomore Stephanie Morin (Springfield, Mass.) 8-2. The Wildcats would take the other two doubles matches with Montoya and sophomore Abigail Janneke (Waterbury Conn.) took the No.2 singles 8-3 over Murphy and freshman Anna Pilip (New Britain, Conn.).
Walsh, who remains undefeated in the 2012 season, defeated Pilip 6-3, 6-0 at the No.3 singles set. Becker's Connolly defeated Watson in No.1 action 6-3, 6-2, the Hawks' No.2 player Razzaboni also won 6-4, 6-3 over Morin.
Bay Path's Wood easily won her No. 5 match 6-0, 6-2 over Saltvick. Walsh and Wood and Connolly and Razzaboni all won their matches on the day. Buckley won the No.6 match for the Hawks 6-3, 6-1.
Bay Path is now 6-1 overall and 2-0 in NECC play, while Becker falls to 1-5 on the season and is 0-2 in league play. Bay Path will be back in action on Saturday, September 22nd playing Regis at another noon conference match, while Becker hosts Newbury on Sunday, September 23rd at 1:00 p.m. for a NECC game.
Tennis Match Results
Becker College vs Bay Path
Sep 20, 2012 at Longmeadow, Mass.
Bay Path 5, Becker College 4
1. Nicole Connolly (BCWT) def. Symone Watson (BPWT) 6-3, 6-2
2. Kathleen Razzaboni (BCWT) def. Stephanie Morin (BPWT) 6-4, 6-3
3. Brittany Walsh (BPWT) def. Anna Pilip (BCWT) 6-3, 6-0
4. Teanna Montoya (BPWT) def. Cameron Murphy (BCWT) 6-3, 6-3
5. Taylor Wood (BPWT) def. Kerry Saltvick (BCWT) 6-0, 6-2
6. Shauna Buckley (BCWT) def. Abigail Janneke (BPWT) 6-3, 6-1
1. Nicole Connolly/Kathleen Razzaboni (BCWT) def. Symone Watson/Stephanie Morin (BPWT) 8-2
2. Teanna Montoya/Abigail Janneke (BPWT) def. Cameron Murphy/Anna Pilip (BCWT) 8-3
3. Brittany Walsh/Taylor Wood (BPWT) def. Shauna Buckley/Kerry Saltvick (BCWT) 8-5
Becker College 1-5, 0-2
Bay Path 6-1, 2-0
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (3,6,5,4,1,2)