LONGMEADOW, Mass.- Bay Path College fell 6-3 to the Gators of Sage College despite taking doubles with a 2-1 advantage. Sophomore Brittany Walsh (North Smithfield, R.I.) was the only Wildcat to go undefeated on the day taking the #3 singles 6-0, 6-1 from Sage's senior Mary Kate Hayward (Queensbury, N.Y.). Walsh also partnered with sophomore Taylor Wood (Castleton, N.Y.) in the #3 doubles winning 8-1.
Sage's #1 player junior Kristen Ackerman (Guilderland, N.Y.) took #1 singles 6-0, 6-0 over NECC All-Conference player senior Symone Watson (Hamden, Conn.). Ackerman and senior Nicole Riley (Catskill, N.Y.) also defeated Watson and junior Stephanie Morin (Springfield, Mass.) in #1 doubles 8-2.
The Gators would win 5 of the six singles matches while the Wildcats managed to also take the #2 doubles match 8-3 with senior Teanna Montoya (Edgartown, Mass.) and partner junior Abigail Janneke (Waterbury, Conn.).
Bay Path will be back in action on Wednesday, September 4th travelling to St. Joseph for a 4:00 p.m. match time.
Tennis Match Results
The Sage Colleges vs Bay Path
08/31/13 at Longmeadow, Mass.
The Sage Colleges 6, Bay Path 3
1. Ackerman, Kristen (SAGEWOM) def. Symone Watson (BPC) 6-0, 6-0
2. Riley, Nicole (SAGEWOM) def. Stephanie Morin (BPC) 6-1, 6-3
3. Brittany Walsh (BPC) def. Hayward, Mary Kate (SAGEWOM) 6-0, 6-1
4. Duffy, Erin (SAGEWOM) def. Teanna Montoya (BPC) 6-0, 6-3
5. Schultz, Katie (SAGEWOM) def. Taylor Wood (BPC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Bendall, Lauren (SAGEWOM) def. Abigail Janneke (BPC) 6-3, 6-2
1. Ackerman, Kristen/Riley, Nicole (SAGEWOM) def. Symone Watson/Stephanie Morin (BPC) 8-2
2. Teanna Montoya/Abigail Janneke (BPC) def. Hayward, Mary Kate/Mendozza, Shanessa (SAGEWOM) 8-3
3. Brittany Walsh/Taylor Wood (BPC) def. Fowler, Dana/Houbre, Jessica (SAGEWOM) 8-1
The Sage Colleges 1-0
Bay Path 0-1