LONGMEADOW, Mass.- The Wildcats of Bay Path University fell 5-4 to the Lynx of Lesley University in a close New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) match today at the Grande Meadow Tennis Club in their final home match of the season.
Lesley took doubles winning the #1 and #3, while Bay Path won the #2 doubles. Despite a battle at #1 doubles Morin and Janneke fell 8-3 to freshman Caroline Kiddie (Scituate, Mass.) and sophomore Carlyn Barker (Murrieta, Calif.). Bay Path's #2 tandem juniors Brittany Walsh (North Smithfield, R.I.) and Taylor Wood (Castleton, N.Y.) won 8-6 over partners' sophomore Frances de Leon (Murrieta Calif.) and senior Carissa Iverson (St. Johnsonbury, Vt.).
Janneke easily took the #4 singles over senior Meghann Toomajian (Nahant, Mass.). Walsh won the #2 singles 6-2, 6-1, while Wood took the #3 singles 6-3, 7-6 (7-2) in true tie-breaker fashion.
Bay Path is 4-7 overall and 3-4 in the NECC. Lesley advances to 8-3 on the season 5-2 in conference play.
Tennis Match Results
Lesley University vs Bay Path University
Oct 08, 2014 at Longmeadow, Mass.
(Grande Meadow Tennis Club)
Lesley University 5, Bay Path University 4
1. Caroline Kiddie (LU) def. Morin, Stephanie (BP2014) 6-0, 6-0
2. Walsh, Brittany (BP2014) def. Carissa Iverson (LU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Wood, Taylor (BP2014) def. Emma True (LU) 6-3, 7-6 (7-2)
4. Janneke, Abigail (BP2014) def. Meghann Toomajian (LU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Victoria Bunker (LU) def. Aboagye, Edna (BP2014) 6-4, 6-3
6. Christyl Skelton (LU) def. Leibowitz, Katie (BP2014) 6-1, 6-3
1. Caroline Kiddie/Carlyn Barker (LU) def. Morin, Stephanie/Janneke, Abigail (BP2014) 8-3
2. Wood, Taylor/Walsh, Brittany (BP2014) def. Carissa Iverson/Frances De Leon (LU) 8-6
3. Emma True/Molly Phelps (LU) def. Deahushuk, Kim/Mannion, Katrina (BP2014) 8-1
Lesley University 8-3, 5-2
Bay Path University 4-7, 3-4